More Paper Work
For my exhibition 'More Paper Work' I created a substantial paper sculpture out of more than 400 individually folded sheets of white A4 paper. Once made the folds can be twisted and turned and ultimately, returned to a state of flatness with little fuss. The result was a beautiful interplay of fine lines, combining bright light areas and corresponding dark shadows. The shapes move form with the light and even appear to invert depending on the light source and strength. (Click the thumbnails for other views of the folds being constructed)
A Prison of My Own Making
De Leuvense Poort, 's-Hertogenbosch
Paper/Performance. Locked in cell 249, in 'De Leuvense Poort' prison, paper/insanity ensued.
Tings Me Like
Various Links of a few people I know:
- Lyn, multi talented artist, she may be anxious but she is a clever one.Karen Livesey
- Karen is a fine documentary film maker and she is seriously funny too :-)Anthon Astrom
- the ramblings of the a-hole, the boy who codes and creates and watches movies all at the same time.spotov
- the spotov gives a small insight into the inner workings of her cham packed mind and where incidentally, I can be seen dealing with spam and eggs.Jonas Lund
- a collection of the j-low's work, he of the alter-ego 'Mr Photographer' and the crazy snus sucking.Esther van Waalwijk
- Het werk van Ester, mijn begaafde vriendin. A corridor made of fishing line and living seascapes at L'heure Bleue to name but two.Monsieur Grat
- the photo work of Monsieur Grat aka APS, a few familiar faces there.Strand Beest
- the amazing living sculptures of Theo Jansen.
I live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I fold, crease, take pictures, make bread, films and procrastinate.(That's me on the left of the photo as Jake the Peg
I am not (but would quite like to be) a mariner, skateboarder, crofter, contemporary dancer or a coquito farmer high in the Chilean Andes.
E-mail: info @ paperversions.com
4th October, Playpublik, Krakow, Poland
for a brief video. The website is here
1st January, The National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
for a brief video.
22-27th June, Schilderstraat 3, Den Bosch, Netherlands
for more details. More info hereKlub Koe
31st January, A Prison of My Own Making, Den Bosch, Netherlands
2008More Paper Work
A collection of folds, creases and pop-ups, Amsterdam, Netherlands
to view the exhibition photos. Drab Straat
A book containing 365 photos, one taken each day of 2007
2007Dislodge of the Mid-diluvian Order of the Buffaloes
Part of the spotov crew, Edinburgh Festival 2007
to see the show synopsis/review.
EarlierVideo Soup & Soup
Exhibitions containing two of my short stop frame animations. Jabberwocky & Cut-Throat
Collective Gallery Edinburgh, ScotlandCurrent Test ProjectsThings recently occupying my fingers...
and current photos....
Tristan, Bayly, Tristan Bayly, paperversions, Folded Paper, Paper, Paper Art, Pop-ups, Cards, Light, Shadow, Shadows, Crease, Creases, Photographs, Photies, Photos, Pop-ups, pop-up, logo, logos, fonts, font, Films, papierkunstenaar, Prikkelend, Papier, Den Bosch, Amsterdam, Netherlands, bud, oorbud, oor bud, t-bag, schilderstraat, red-light, aung san suu kyi